Sunday, August 17, 2008

Geisha is back

ただいま I'm back on the island and have gone from feeling like a fish out of water in one country to a tanuki in water (?!) in another. I don't have the head space to go into it now as it's 6.30 in the morning and I am up despite having not been out doing anything more exciting than running to the conbini for some artificial food. I will just say this, how is it that I forgot how hard it is to go home? I'm looking back now on the longest holiday I've had in a year and I can't quite decide whether it was fun or not. I needed to go home but on one level I can't help thinking it would have been more relaxing and shallow to go to Hawaii and consume sun, alcohol, food and clothing. More later today on the joys of coordinating family, couple and individual schedules and expectations and failing miserably. Hope no one's eyelids are sweating too much in this disgusting Tokyo heat.

No comments: