Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July Manner Poster


The post title speaks to how I feel about the recent posters: uninspired.
I would be remiss in failing to acknowledge the new character introduced this month. Can I call him Muscle Daddy? Is that cool? He reminds me a little bit of the new tobacco hunk in town who has been popping up on some blogs recently. Perhaps this is a new advertising trend in urban Tokyo.

As for Creepy, he reminds me a little of the jerks who try to read the fucking newspaper in the early morning train crush, expecting those around them to allow for extra elbow room and frontal berth. I, girl who is getting crotch-pressed the fuck out of on all sides, do not need to tell you how I feel about this practice. What can I say gentle readers? It's July and I am hot and bothered!

6 comments:

selena said...

Ha! Thanks for the props, haven't seen this one yet.

Blogger has been glitchy the last couple of days, I've had some comment issues and your feed isn't showing up in my RSS for the last two posts! Looks like I will have to follow.

Green-Eyed Geisha said...

Hi Selena, thanks! My comments have been patchy too and weren't showing up but it seems to be fixed for the time being...

RMilner said...

Tokyo Metro normally change the "Manners" campaign every year, however Bunpei Yorifuji's work was so popular they retained him for longer.

Perhaps the campaign has run out of steam and needs to be refreshed with a new design.

Green-Eyed Geisha said...

RMilner: I'm inclined to agree. I love the pop art style of these posters but unless they are going to feature some other manners, I can't see them getting more interesting.

Blue Shoe said...

In the third frame it kinds of looks like Muscle Daddy is turning to smash that guy in the face.

Green-Eyed Geisha said...

Blue Shoe: In the third frame it does! I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. He's a bit menacing really...