Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I have reason to believe...

that my secretary went away for a few days last week without telling me and then shorted me on the omiyage! When I went to ask her something yesterday she was performing an unmistakable omiyage handover to another secretary. Then she had the nerve to act blase as if I hadn't seen the deal go down! I guess a big moose plush toy doesn't get you more than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick around here. The omiyage war has been waged!!! How am I going to explain to the beau that we need to go somewhere just so I can bring back some omiyage?!

2 comments:

TC said...

Does Shinjuku count? Maybe you can bring everyone back something really cool from there tomorrow, like Harajuku girls or something equally local, except for her.

She gets coal.

Even worse, plastic coal. We certainly don't want her making a mess out of an already shitty and rapidly warming environmental problem, now do we.

Anonymous said...

Quote: "How am I going to explain to the beau that we need to go somewhere just so I can bring back some omiyage?!"

Thank goodness you have now been socialized to appreciate the passive-aggressive issues of social life here. Welcome! And, enjoy!